The Australian Society of Anaesthetists was founded in 1934. It was established as a means to exchange ideas, for the distribution of memoranda on topics of anaesthetic interests, and to conduct inquiries relating to problems in the practice of anaesthesia in Australia.
The ASA Archives are housed at its headquarters in North Sydney.
Our society is now one of the largest and leading medical associations in Australia, delivering a range of services of the highest quality to members. Membership consists of specialist anaesthetist physicians as well as registrar trainees and non-specialist medical practitioner anaesthetists.
The ASA logo is steeped in history and tradition – but how did we end up with a hand holding an ether bowl?
For any further information on the history of the ASA please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.